Let’s face it. A full-blown consulting gig with me can be expensive and long-term.
There are lots of situations where my skills and expertise would be valuable to small business owners, but the typical consulting model is just too much. For Example:
- You’ve got a GREAT IDEA but you’re not sure how to get started, or whether it’ll make money.
- You’re OVERWHELMED and ISOLATED by the whole process of starting and growing your business and need someone to brainstorm and problem solve with you.
- You’ve got a small business, it’s going well, but you’re ready to step up your game, CONNECT with your clients more AUTHENTICALLY, improve your CONVERSIONS, expand your SERVICES, and take your business to the next level.
- You’re going for your first round of VENTURE MONEY and you want to be prepared for whatever questions / concerns they throw at you. Your slide deck makes you weep. Your business plan causes nightmares.
I can help you get clear on your intentions, come up with a plan that excites and energizes you, and develop measurable, positive action steps that will get your business moving in the right direction.
For these kinds of situations (and more! Just contact me if you’ve got a question), I’ve developed the one-day strategic intensive. Each strategic intensive will be unique! Each strategic intensive is all about you! Each strategic intensive will help you move forward quickly and efficiently!
Let’s all do a strategic intensive!
Here are some things that WILL be included in ALL strategic intensives:
- One full (8 hour) day, one-on-one, with me.
- YOU will bring whatever research you’ve conducted, the data you’ve collected, and your bright ideas.
- (I’ll sign NDAs if that’s important, although not non-competes)
- (Haven’t conducted your own research? Don’t have any data? Knowing the lay of the land is an important part of building a successful business. I’m working on a partnership with a research firm to provide market analysis and competitive landscape research that we can use to build the best & most robust biz model possible. Contact me to find out more.)
- I’ll bring my expertise in business model development; my strategic insights into the tech, publishing, arts, coaching, and new media industries; Conviviali’s business model development canvas; and my prodigious organizational skills.
- You’ll leave with action plans and implementation strategies. I’ll record the day’s activities so you don’t have to worry – I’ll take pictures of our whiteboards and brainstorming output, and provide an overview report within a week after our day together.
- Examples of the Fun Stuff We Might Do (Remember, this is unique to you and your needs. You propose something, we do it. These are just ideas.):
- Complete the Conviviali Canvas: Can you clearly and concisely describe your ideal clients, their top three problems, how your company / products / services solves those problems, how they’re currently addressing those problems, how you plan to connect and engage with your clients, what kinds of partnerships would be useful / profitable / mutually desirable, exactly how you’re going to make money (revenue model), how much money it’s going to cost to make that money (cost structure), and how what you offer differs from what’s already out there? Let’s be serious. If you really want to run your own business and have it support you and your family, you need to know the answers to all of these questions. I’m not kidding around here. This is step one. If you can’t answer these questions, I will insist on this being a part of our day together.
- Conduct user studies: depending on who your ideal clients are – you and I can go out into the community to talk to REAL PEOPLE about their attitudes, beliefs, needs and expectations regarding the kind of product or service you provide. We’ll develop the script (i.e., what we want to know), figure out who to talk to, then do it. Learn how they talk! Figure out how they think about their problem! Gain some insight! This is the basis of all success. If you can get so close to your ideal customers that you know how they think and what they care about, you essentially can not lose.
- Brainstorm / Ideate / Design Think around the problem of communication models, messaging models, and content strategy. We can spend some time writing. We can spend some time on Information Architecture for your site. We can draw things on whiteboards. We can bring in colleagues, friends and family to round out the thought-processes in these sessions. Strategic Intensive is for YOU!
- Man, we can work on your message. You need a slide deck? We can make a slide deck. You need to figure out your 30-second, 1-minute, and 5-minute pitch? We can do it. Do you suck at networking events because you don’t quite know what to say to sell your idea? Dude, I studied rhetoric as a doctoral student at UVA (…and at UNC! Good lord, I’m over-educated!). I can tell you what resonates. We can get through this together.
- Iterate: Remember all those questions in (4.1)? Well, we can come up with answers all we want. The trick? Is setting up hypotheses to test your answers. Do you think working moms will pay $5 for a grocery delivery service? What if they’d pay $15 for a slightly different service? How are you going to test that? How do your clients find out about your new releases? How do you know? How might you know? Is your revenue model leaving money on the table? Let’s come up with an experiment you can run to test your pricing model and release schedule. We can’t test everything (anything?) in a day, but we can define the questions and set up the experiments that you can perform on your own. We’ll develop an implementation and testing plan to ensure you’re able to confidently make positive changes in your business model going forward.
Y’all, I’m excited to offer this service. I want you to do it. I know I can help, and I know – if you’ve read this far – that you’d like the help. Contact me for more details, or just to talk about what’s going on in your business.